Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Don't wash your feet at sink

Or so they tell us in Iraq...


It is tough to read in the background but that is what the writing says on the wall behind me. Apparently that is a big problem here :-)
And this is where I wish I could spend my entire deployment:


But no such luck for me...I am stuck in the palace, but it is really no paradise. Everything is going well out here for me. As you heard I didn't get picked up for EOD, but that is just how stuff goes, I think I am actually too old!! Never thought I would say that at 28 but the Navy had other ideas. I am looking forward to my mid-tour leave, which (fingers crossed and praying fervently) should occur over the Christmas break. Nothing is in stone though.
These pictures were all taken on the trip that I took over the last 10 days or so. We were travelling to many different sites in Iraq, all over the map, in support of the on-going inspection on Human Trafficking (That's why I was in the bathroom there in the first one). We are looking at the living conditions and contracts of the 300,000 + foreign nationals working in Iraq, and making sure that the companies that hired them are giving them all a fair shake. It is very interesting and we have met all kinds of people from just about everywhere in the world. I hope you all like the pics! Love,
Matt

4 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt--it is good to hear from you. I am trying to get my act together and send you a package. It sounds rough over there and we are praying for you. Runner's World had an article last month about races being held by the troops in Iraq.

--Wendy

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Thanks Wendy - I am doing fine, and I read that article - Aud sent me the magazine, and I actually ran in a couple of those races! Thank's for your thoughts & prayers
-Matt

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Robin/Patty said...

hey there matt,
Hope all is going well. we missed you at Thanksgiving. We met your sister adn were able to see Aud and Marcia. Hope and pray that you can come home soon.
robin and patty

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Matt, we are praying for you too! We think of you daily and ask God's protection on you. Newsweek had a front-page article on the "Most Dangerous Man in Iraq," the Shiite Sadr guy. It did help shed some light on the situation.
I'm praying you will be able to be here at Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home